follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 5, 2009

    ready, set...

    GO!

    Ok, so after telling everyone I know to check out my blog (and thus feeling cool for being able to say "you should check out my blog") I feel like I should give some background as to why I'm writing here and let you all know what you can expect in the days, weeks and months to come.

    My entire life, I have been a proponent of lifestyle by design. Even as a child I had big plans for myself. I was always drawing what I called 'plans' for elaborate tree houses and forts, 'maps' of far of lands yet to be discovered and, yes, 'concepts' for over-the-top parties and events. There was even a period of time in elementary school when I carried around a book titled "The Pennywhistle Party Planner". It was basically a guide to throwing themed parties, but to me it was a scientific reference to being a pre-pubescent host with the most. From that was born my love for concepts in food, service and hospitality.

    From a young age I was hooked. Armed with an imagination akin to that of Roald Dahl and a wanderlust like Marco Polo, I've been fortunate enough to travel to many places in the world and to experience many different types of people. From these experiences I have gathered a sentiment that has become the driving force in both my personal and my professional life. That is, sharing a heart-felt meal and some authentic hospitality is the most effective way to understand and connect with other people.

    So without further ado, I am proud to present... ready, set, JAKE! A chronicle of my life presented in snippets of thoughts on everything lifestyle: food, hospitalty, entertainment, travel... basically all the things I adore. I'll be sending video of my travels, my kitchen follies, my friends. I'll be reviewing recipes, restaurants and services. I love my friends and family and am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feelings too. I hope you can stick around to see what happens... I am just as curious as you must be as to where this road will lead.

    That's all for now!

    jet, set... JAKE!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    GO JAKE!! Gimme lots of pictures, i wanna be there!!

    i just ran across this video again... do you remember it? Crazytown

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljbI-363A2Q

    jake said...

    Thanks! What a cool video... makes me wonder what I'm getting into! Stay tuned for more...

    Post a Comment

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    Beijng, China
    Alaska-born and world-bound, sharing my travels through rant and reviews on everything hospitality.