follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 20, 2009

    There are 9 million bicycles in Beijing...


    Hello readers! I finally made it to Beijing and got a proxy server all set up so I can broadcast my shenanigans to you, my loving friends and family. Attached is a picture of me on my bicycle... it's a brand called "Flying Pigeon" and it's truly the Beijinger's bike. I think it was first manufactured around 1,000 years ago and the brakes don't really work and when I pedal too hard it sounds like a factory inside the gear box but I love it.


    Beijing is truly amazing. Think 10 course chinese meals with free-flowing wine for $20! Think 90 minute foot massage with unlimited snacks (yes Sharon, I did say snacks) and unlimited movie watching in the same room as three of your best friends for $10. Think fabulously international, clean, and traditionally Chinese.


    More to come soon. Are you Ready? Set? JAKE!


    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    it was soooo good to skype with you the other day! miss you :)

    Sharona said...

    Did somebody say snacks? I'm finally working on that blog. It's pretty ridiculous. Loves you. Keep the stories coming!

    Post a Comment

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    Beijng, China
    Alaska-born and world-bound, sharing my travels through rant and reviews on everything hospitality.